[xsd-users] open-source project using codesynthesis xsd

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Apr 19 09:58:57 EDT 2010

Hi Sumant,

Sumant Tambe <sutambe at dre.vanderbilt.edu> writes:

> I was wondering if you could point me to some open-source projects that
> make heavy use of xsd.

Now and again I come across open source projects that use XSD but I
can't remember any off the top of my head. I remember there is/was a
KDE tool for something, though I don't think its use of XSD would
qualify as "heavy".

Maybe someone on the mailing list can help you...

> My goal is to evaluate my research on XML traversal on a real-world
> case-study. I need the source code because I need to measure and
> compare three things: code size, compilation time, and run-time
> performance.

You could always take a complex schema and associated XML documents
and create a test application. For example, CityGML is fairly complex
and has real-world XML documents available that describes real cities
and run into the hundreds of megabytes.