[xsd-users] Some difficulties with GML/CityGML Tree Parser generation : a bug?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Oct 23 10:37:06 EDT 2009

Hi Erwann,

Erwann HOUZAY <erwann.houzay at ign.fr> writes:

> I still don't have all the child nodes.

Ok, here is what's going on: you are compiling GML and CityGML schemas
into static libraries but static linking is tricky in that only object
files with symbols that are referenced from the executable are added.
Files that are not directly referenced are ignored. In your case, files
that define polymorphic derived types in the CityGML schemas but which
are not directly used by the test driver are not added to the executable.
As a result, they are not available during parsing. I created a single
executable project with all the source code and without any libraries
and it works as expected.

You can use DLLs since they don't have this issue. I see you tried to
use the --export-maps option but you did it incorrectly. You need to
compile GML schemas with --export-maps and CityGML schemas with
--import-maps. See the compiler documentation for more information
on these options. Also, place xml-schema-custom.cxx into gml.dll.