[xsd-users] Re: Help me: VC pro and VC express generate different XML

James Mei jxmei3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:10:07 EDT 2009

Hi Boris

I just found out that ix and sGroup is part of the schema as optional items.

The strange part for VC++ express and VC++ Pro 2008 is that:

Same source code but one compiler program produces those attributes (VC++
pro) and one does not (VC++ express). BTW, the original xml file does not
have those attributes.

I also found out that the strange number at the back ix="3452816845", is the
actual pointer value of the attribute.

Any idea ?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////Source
int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
  try
  {
    using namespace SC_SCL;
    auto_ptr<SCL> h (SCL_ (argv[1], xml_schema::flags::dont_validate));

    ofstream outfile(argv[2], ios::out);
    SCL_(outfile, *h);
  }
  catch (const xml_schema::exception& e)
  {
    cerr << e << endl;
    return 1;
  }
}

Also notice the constructor of the xsd class (SCL) does not take wchar_t* as
input filename. It has to be char *. Is there anyway to make it unicode
compatible ?

Cheers
James