[xsd-users] Help me: Borland C++ Builder 2007 compiled program has unwanted prefix and all property values are missing.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 14 10:53:53 EDT 2009

Hi James,

James Mei <jxmei3 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Boris
>
> It seems like the serialization is trying to print out properties that
> stored in the class. But the properties are stored in unicode, that is why
> they are all missing in the output file.

I am not sure I understand what you mean. The input XML, strings in the
program, and the output XML all use UTF-8 encoding. Also the values involved
are in plain ASCII. So I don't think this has anything to do with Unicode.

You said that the properties end up in the object model. Then the problem
is somewhere between that and the output XML. I suggest that you find the
serialization operator for the tP type in the generated code
(void operator<< (DOMElement&, const tP&)), set a breakpoint in its body
and see what's going on by stepping through all the code that gets executed
from that point.