[xsd-users] Troubles while parsing XML documents with XSD

Artem Shubovych shybovycha at gmail.com
Sun May 31 18:29:05 EDT 2009

 Hi, there!

 I have such a trouble: I'm using XSD in C++ and trying to parse COLLADA. My
code compiles without any errors and warnings, but when I try to run my
simple program (which just tells me, when it finds tag in XML document) I
got messages like "error: no declaration found for element ...". I copied
XSD to the same directory as my XML document. But how to tell COLLADA XML
document, which XSD to use? Here is the beginning part of my COLLADA
documents, which I try to parse:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<COLLADA xmlns="http://www.collada.org/2005/11/COLLADASchema"
version="1.4.1">
    <asset>
        <contributor>
            <author>alorino</author>

 Else doesn't matters. Please, tell me how to tell, which schema should
parser use. I tried many variants, like:

<COLLADA xmlns="http://www.collada.org/2005/11/COLLADASchema"
xsi:schemaLocation="collada_schema_1_4.xsd" version="1.4.1">
<COLLADA xmlns="http://www.collada.org/2005/11/COLLADASchema"
xsi:noNamespacesSchemaLocation="collada_schema_1_4.xsd" version="1.4.1">
<COLLADA xmlns="http://www.collada.org/2005/11/COLLADASchemacollada_schema_1_4.xsd"
version="1.4.1">

 but nothing has changed.