[xsd-users] xsd:include

Al Niessner Al.Niessner at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 11 18:45:42 EDT 2009

I am using xsd:include to bring together 3 schema files that complete
each other (have some inner relationship amongst them). When I compile
with XSD ('xsd cxx-tree d.xsd') I get a header with three #include
directives in it. Not really what I was looking for.

Is it possible through the long list of XSD options that I thumbed
through tom make XSD actually include all of hte xsd:includes into a
larger more complete schema and map that new thing to C++? I find this
to be the behavior when mapping to Java and Python with different tools
for each of those languages.

I tried --file-per-type but that did not do it either. It still crashed
when it hit an unknown in b.xsd that was referencing a.xsd even though
a.xsd was included just before b.xsd.

Here is the structure that I am working with

d.xsd:
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

 <xsd:include schemaLocation="./a.xsd" />
 <xsd:include schemaLocation="./b.xsd" />
 <xsd:include schemaLocation="./c.xsd" />

</xsd:schema>

where b needs a and c needs both a and b.

Again, did I just miss the XSD option that would turn d.xsd into a
bigger and fully complete schema and then map that to C++?

Thanks in advance for all and any help.

--
Al Niessner
818.354.0859