[xsd-users] unable to build on Freebsd 6.4 - (CPU amd64)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jun 1 04:17:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

abc <yilu at 21cn.com> writes:

>    when I download the source code, and extracted it into /tmp foler,
>    then goes into /tmp/xsd-3.2.0-2/xsd and issue command "make install",
>    however I only got:
>    "makefile", line 6: Could not find

There are a number of prerequisites that you need to install before
you can build XSD from source. For more information, see the build
instructions for UNIX:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/extras/build-unix.xhtml

I suggest that you try to use the xsd+dep package which includes all
the prerequisites except Boost and Xerces-C++ which you will need to
build and install separately (unless you have already done so).

>    By the way, I've downloaded cd xsd-3.2.0-x86_64-linux-gnu, however,
>    the command line tool xsd can not run, error msg:
>    freebsd64# bin/xsd
>    ELF binary type "0" not known.
>    bin/xsd: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.

This is expected: you are trying to run a Linux binary on FreeBSD. We
currently do not provide pre-built binaries for this platform so you
will have try and build the XSD compiler from source. Let us know if
you run into any problems.