[xsd-users] Problem compiling the xsd-3.2.0+dep package

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 13 01:49:01 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

Steve <ongs_1999 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm trying to compile the "xsd-3.2.0+dep" package on cygwin. Although
> I compiled the "STLport-5.0.1-mingw" and copied the library into
> $DIR/xsd-3.2.0+dep/install, I still have problem compiling

You will need to add a number of options to make g++ use STLPort
instead of the default libstdc++. See the build instructions for
Windows for details:

http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/extras/build-windows.xhtml

You will also need to compile both Xerces-C++ and Boost to use
STLPort.

If after doing all this you are still having trouble compiling
xsd-3.2.0+dep, please follow the step-by-step instructions in
the above guide to build the compiler using the normal xsd-3.2.0
package. The xsd-3.2.0+dep package is meant for UNIX-like
platforms and we haven't tested it on Cygwin/MinGW.