[xsd-users] Deleting empty elements

delta42 delta42 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:35:16 EST 2009

Hello,
    I've been working with the CodeSynthesis C++/Tree Mapping on a project
for the last few months. It took me a while to get things going as I have
over 8MB of schema files.

    Due to the complexity of the hierarchy, when creating a new XML document
I often find it cleaner to code by adding elements before I know whether
these elements will have any sub-elements. So naturally in some cases when I
serialize I end up with many empty elements.

    Is there an easy way to have these removed prior to serializing to a
stringstream? Or do I have to first serialize them to a stringstream and
then pass them to Xerces directly and somehow traverse all the elements to
deal with this?

Thanks in advance,
delta42.