[xsd-users] gcc -fvisibility

Benjamin Schindler bschindler at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 9 04:15:28 EST 2009

Hi

I work on a project that uses xsd to compile the xsd schemas. I now had
the idea to make -fvisibility=hidden default for the project on linux
but that does not work because the maps don't seem to be exported the
same way they are on windows.

I use the --import-maps on all of my shared object files (dll's on
windows). On windows, this works just fine, on linux it works if I leave
the default visibility, but with visibility=hidden, I get exceptions like:

no type information available for type 'SynthSettings_t'

Is this a bug in xsd?

Thanks
Benjamin