[xsd-users] Problem with a GML parsing

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Apr 22 06:23:46 EDT 2009

Hi Rubén,

Rubén Martínez <dante.aureon at gmail.com> writes:

> I have a problem with a parser GML files, a small gml file with CityGML
> code.

It is a good idea to show us the file (no need to send the schema; it is
publicly available).

> I need to parser a file in a Object, mi app. compile an execute correctly,
> but my object that I need is empty!

I assume you compiled all your schemas with the --generate-polymorphic
option.

>         core::CityModelType::_GenericApplicationPropertyOfCityModel_sequence
> seqCity = r->_GenericApplicationPropertyOfCityModel();

Use a reference instead of making a copy:

core::CityModelType::_GenericApplicationPropertyOfCityModel_sequence&
  seqCity = r->_GenericApplicationPropertyOfCityModel();

>             if ( gml::FeaturePropertyType* fpt =
> dynamic_cast<gml::FeaturePropertyType*> (&(*iterator_begin)))
>                 {
>                     // FeaturePropertyType fpt.
>             }else {
>                     // No es.
>             }  <<<------------------- This code non execute

Which branch is executing? It is also hard to say which one should
without seeing the XML file.