[xsd-users] Missing types that seem to be imported correctly. Multiple import problem?

Alex Jakes Alex.Jakes at acis.uk.com
Tue Apr 21 10:02:39 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am currently evaluating if XSD will be able to work with a new schema that is currently being developed.  I am not developing it myself but am able to make suggestions for changes.

At the moment I am hitting a wall with a problem where several types from an imported namespace are not found by xsd when I compile.  Initially I thought it was down to multiple imports into the same namespace, which I know is not supported, however if I change the imports to import a top level file that includes all parts of the namespace I get the same errors.

I am able to validate the schema using XMLSpy so I am wondering why XMLSpy thinks it is valid and XSD does not.  Are there any issues related to namespace imports that I should be aware of?

The schema I am using is not my own so I can't really post it out to the list.  I have tried to replicate examples of the problem using my own schemas but have been unable to do so.  Is it possible to mail the schema to you without posting it to the list?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Alex Jakes.

This email and the information it contains are confidential and may be privileged, if you have received this email in error please notify us immediately. You should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are not secure and therefore ACIS does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect the message may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender. Registered office: ACIS House, 168 Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0DL. Registered in England and Wales, Company Number 3039051