[xsd-users] XSD C++/Parser and enumerations

Leonid Gershanovich gleonid at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 12:30:32 EDT 2008

Is there any particular reason why xsd generator in "C++/Parser" mode does not creates C++ enums for
<xs:restriction base="xs:string"><xs:enumeration value="XXX"/>..</xs:restriction> xsd construct?

I have noticed that C++ enums along with corresponding conversion functions are being generated in C++/Tree mode, which indicates that xsd generator already has capability to detect this SOM element.

In my opinion it might benefit developers to have "enum" construct and stringToEnum conversion functions generated automatically, even if all other generated components remains the same.
Having enum generated in combinations with "type map" functionality will give developer a choice to either utilize or ignore c++ enums.

Does this make sense?

 Leonid Gershanovich