[xsd-users] RE: Spec file for XSD..

Fitzpatrick, Bill BFITZPATRICK at NADA.org
Wed Oct 1 16:18:25 EDT 2008

If you send me the spec file I can 'fix' it to make it work.  If I make
any changes I'll send it back to you.

A good spec file will not only build the rpm but check for prerequisites
as well.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Boris Kolpackov [mailto:boris at codesynthesis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 4:09 PM
To: Fitzpatrick, Bill
Cc: xsd-users at codesynthesis.com
Subject: Re: Spec file for XSD..

Hi Bill,

I've CC'ed the xsd-users mailing list to my reply in case there is
someone who uses XSD on Mandriva and can provide us with some
information on this.

Fitzpatrick, Bill <BFITZPATRICK at NADA.org> writes:

> I noticed you have an RPM package for redhat.  Do you have on that is
> compatible with Mandriva.

I am not an RPM expert so I am not sure if there is anything that
precludes using the published .rpm package on Mandriva. We definitely
didn't do anything special to limit it to RadHat. Have you tried
installing it on Mandriva?

> Or if you don't can you publish the src.rpm files?

The spec file that we use is very ad-hoc and is tied to the way we build
things internally. You will need to build XSD and all its prerequisites
from scratch. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the
file along with the instructions.