[xsd-users] Problems linking Code which uses XSD in Release mode

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Nov 4 05:03:11 EST 2008

Hi Jan,

Jan Klimke <jan.klimke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de> writes:

> I found out that the usage of the Qname Type causes the linker error.
> When i am using a line like this:
> xml_schema::Qname("coll:UriComment")
> Outside the DLL which contains the generated code the mentioned linker
> error occurs. When using these classes inside the library everything
> works fine.

I tried to reproduce this with a test case but had no luck so far.
Could you try it and see if you get any errors? The test case is
here:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/dlltest.zip

It includes project/solution files for VC++ 8. It also uses the
rules files that are shipped with XSD for compiling the schema
so you may need to add a few paths in the VC++ IDE as described
here:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Using_XSD_with_Microsoft_Visual_Studio#Visual_Studio_2005_.288.0.29_and_2008_.289.0.29

The test is based on the library example. I've added a QName
attribute to the schema (DLL) as well as an instantiation of
xml_schema::qname object in the driver (executable).

If you don't get any errors either then you can try to figure
out what is different between the test and your project. If
you manage to reproduce the error in the test case, please
let me know.