[xsd-users] How to get xsi:type informations

Christian Heine Hellhound_01 at web.de
Fri Jun 20 09:20:04 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've trouble to get the xsi:type informations from an xsd object. In
my schema I've an abstract element which has to bee declared explicit
by using the xsi:type attribute to make sure that only objects of the
abstract type are returned.

i.e.:
    <unit name="camera" xsi:type="br:UnitBypass"/>
    <unit name="blur" xsi:type="br:UnitInOut">

So far so good and it works fine. But now i've to reinterprete the
type for concrete object initialization. How i get the xsi:tpye
information from the XSD unit object?

I could see all embedded objects and attributes when i touch the XSD
unit object, but i missing the xsi::type informations...

Thanks for any hint or tip,
Best regards,
Christian