[xsd-users] Schemas defined across multiple DLLs and the static factory map instance

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jun 18 05:56:39 EDT 2008

Hi Matthew,

Matthew.Hutchins at csiro.au <Matthew.Hutchins at csiro.au> writes:

> Thanks, yes this works. I had to make a small change to your changed
> code. Change "class" to "struct" and add a __declspec(dllimport) to the
> import version (for both factory and serializer files):

Great, thanks for testing this! We will add two options to the
upcoming 3.1.1 release that will allow one to generate that code
automatically (that is, you will need to compile schemas that go
into the A DLL with something like --export-maps and schemas that
go to B, C, and D with --import-maps). Unfortunately this is too
big a change to backport to 3.1.0. So you have two options: we can
build you a pre-release 3.1.1 binary with these options or you can
use the modified headers I sent you for the time being and when 3.1.1
is released, upgrade and change to using the compiler options. Let me
know if you would like the binary.