[xsd-users] (no subject)

Seegers, Thierry Thierry.Seegers at am.sony.com
Fri Jun 13 13:51:44 EDT 2008

Hi Boris,

> The only way I could get the "always rebuilding" behavior is when I

> changed the C++ file extensions from the default .hxx/.cxx to .h/.cpp.

> This is due to a bug in the rules files that are distributed in 3.1.0

> that we have fixed for the next release. Perhaps you have also changed

> the generated file extensions in your project?

Haha, that was exactly it! For some reason I despise the "xx" in file
extensions... :D

When using the rule files of v.3.1.1 the problem is indeed fixed. Thank
you for that.

(I knew something was fishy when, after reverting to setting up my
project using the VS2003 instructions, it was all working as
expected...)

Another thing I noticed that you may want to fix: additional command
lines options for the project get duplicated at the file level.

For instance, I've added the following options in Project
Properties->C++/Tree Mapping Rule->Command Line->Additional options

--accessor-regex /interface/interface_/ --modifier-regex
/interface/interface_/ --include-with-brackets

If I then look at the Properties panel of an individual schema file, in
C++/Tree Mapping Rule->Command Line->All options, I see the following:

xsd.exe cxx-tree  --output-dir generated --hxx-suffix .h --cxx-suffix
.cpp --ixx-suffix .i --fwd-suffix -fwd.h --char-type wchar_t
--generate-polymorphic --generate-intellisense --accessor-regex
/interface/interface_/ --modifier-regex /interface/interface_/
--include-with-brackets   --accessor-regex /interface/interface_/
--modifier-regex /interface/interface_/ --include-with-brackets

This duplication of options is probably harmless but I figured I'd let
you know...

Regards,

Thierry Seegers