[xsd-users] How to distinguish simpleTypes from complexTypes

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteus-technologies.com
Thu Jun 12 09:04:23 EDT 2008

How can I distinguish between a simpleType and a complexType? In the past, I used the IsSimpleType functor, but now we have schemas with simpleTypes with complexContent and attributes, so that no longer works.

I tried writing my own traversal functor that derives from Traversal::AnyType and Traversal::AnySimpleType, but when I try overriding traverse(SemanticGraph::AnyType&), etc., these functions are never called. Only the traverse(SemanticGraph::Complex&) function is called.

Thanks for the help.

Ray Lischner,
Senior Member of Technical Staff
133 National Business Pkwy, Ste 150         t. 443.539.3448
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701                c. 301.377.7390
rlischner at proteus-technologies.com          f. 443.539.3370

This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contain information which may be privileged and/or proprietary. The information is intended for use solely by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please advise the sender by reply email or by telephone (443.539.3400) and delete the message.