[xsd-users] Accessors for sequences

Manav Rathi manav.rathi at incainformatics.com
Tue Jun 3 08:38:35 EDT 2008

> The new options are:
>
> --one-accessor-regex
> --opt-accessor-regex
> --seq-accessor-regex
>
> --one-modifier-regex
> --opt-modifier-regex
> --seq-modifier-regex
>
> They work similar to --accessor-regex and --modifier-regex but are
> applied to corresponding cardinalities only. See the NAMING CONVENTION
> section in documentation/xsd.xhtml for more information.

A few questions, Boris.

1. I am using xsd-3.1.0-i686-windows. If I just pop in the new binary to the
bin directory, will it work (or do I need to replace the entire directory
tree). I ask this because it'll be extremely difficult for me to replace
upgrade the entire xsd tree (multiple developers + source safe + this not
being a stable version).

(Note: It seems to work. I just want your sanction)

2. This is what I am using (ditto for modifiers).
--seq-accessor-regex "/(\w+?\b)/$1s/"
--seq-accessor-regex "/(\w+?s\b)/$1_s/"
There are two regexes so that names ending with s are prefixed with _s.
Is this okay?

3. The docs say "...After the initial name component, up to two additional
name components can be present, separated by commas."
What are these, and should I worry about them?

4. Offtopic. I noticed that the binary itself is ~ 21 MB. That's huge
(although it is not a problem). Is it because of templates, or are you
statically linking to something, or is it just that big. Just curious.

-Manav