[xsd-users] Undefined Symbol

Wire, Keith C keith.c.wire at lmco.com
Tue Jun 3 18:57:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to build the hello world example for xsd.  Generating the
code is fine and have built and tested Xerces-C 2.8.0.  using CC on
solaris 10.  when I try to compile the generated code I get an undefined
symbol error "xerces_2_8::XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize(....) hello.o"

I'm running

> CC -I(path to libxsd)/libxsd -I$XERCESCROOT/include -c driver.cxx
hello.cxx

> CC -o driver driver.o hello.o -L$XERCESCROOT/lib

I have been following the "Getting Started Guide" but have run into this
error.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith