[xsd-users] DOM parser for embedded environment

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jun 3 15:59:33 EDT 2008

Hi Shiva,

Balasubramanyam, Shivakumar <sbalasub at qualcomm.com> writes:

> I understand that XSD/e is available for embedded platform which uses
> the SAX parser. Is there one available for DOM?

We don't provide a DOM implementation with XSD/e (usually, for
embedded systems, a stream-oriented representation like SAX is
more suitable that an in-memory representation like DOM due to
memory constraints).

Perhaps what you are looking for in XSD/e is an in-memory mapping
like C++/Tree? If that's the case then there is no such mapping
currently but we are working on one. It, however, still won't use
DOM underneath and will be more lighter-weight compared to C++/Tree
but it will be quite similar.