[xsd-users] Using xml_schema::date

Jullien Patrick pjullien at sopragroup.com
Tue Jun 3 11:09:38 EDT 2008

Hi Boris,

I assume that some changes have been made about datetime support in XSD,
I have an xml schema containing some date attributes and the mapping
classes generated with 3.1.x version of XSD is pretty much different
that ones generated by 3.0.x

You have added a date-time.hxx file into xsd/cxx/tree directory
containing classes (timezone, date, date_time, etc.) that were defined
in types.hxx, but the old xml_schema::date(string) constructor is no
more available. Can you please give me the best practices for using this
new type ?

How one should parse strings for constructing these new objetcs to
conform to [YYYY-mm-dd] standard xml date-format string (and go back to
string from an xml_schema::date object) ?

Is the date(int year, unsigned short month, unsigned short day)
constructor mandatory (i.e obligation to substr and convert the input
strings to right types) ?

Thanks a lot,
Cordially

Patrick