[xsd-users] Accessors for sequences

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jun 2 14:09:03 EDT 2008

Hi Manav,

Manav Rathi <manav.rathi at incainformatics.com> writes:

> Why don't you yourself use XML for program options? Considering the fact
> that your tools enable hundreds to xml'ify their applications, it is kind
> of odd that xsd doesn't read XML input itself.

I am one of those people who believe that it isn't much fun to
write XML by hand. And since we have no plans to create an XSD
options editor ;-), a plain text format seems to be more user
friendly. Compare:

--generate-inline
--generate-polymorphic
--namespace-map http://www.example.com/foo=Foo

<xsd-options>
  <generate-inline/>
  <generate-polymorphic/>
  <namespace-map>http://www.example.com/foo=Foo</namespace-map>
<xsd-options>

> And imagine how much fun it'd be for you to generate the input.xsd schema
> for xsd.exe using xsd.exe. But how will you specify the input for the first
> input.xsd? Hmm...

It is not going to be pretty...

> > I've added this to my TODO list. If you would like to start using
> > these new options I can probably implement them on Monday and build
> > you a pre-release binary. Let me know if you would like that.
>
> Sure. No need to rush, though.

Ok, I've added the options. Let me know which platform/CPU you are
using and I will build you a pre-release binary to try it out.