[xsd-users] Parsing Question

Bryan Wilcox azbwilcox at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 19:19:56 EDT 2008

I am curious about the parsing functions that are generated for standard input streams.  Is it possible to pass in some object or configuration to force the parser to use a locally defined schema object instead of attempting to access the schema at the Internet path provided in the instance document?  I didn't see any overload that appeared to do this in the generated code, but I am new to using this tool.  I know that in the past we were able to configure the Xerces C++ parser to do this(we store schemas in application resource files so that running the app can use Xerces parsing without requiring Internet access), but I wasn't sure if the generated code allowed this?

Thanks,
Bryan

ps.  I am able to read in my input files if I first use our Xerces C++ code to convert the XML file to a xercesc::DOMDocument, but would prefer to just use straight file streams, if possible.