[xsd-users] xercesc headers not found

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 19 13:33:31 EST 2008

Hi Abhishek,

In the future please use a descriptive subject in your posts to the
mailing lists. An email with empty subject has a very good chance of
being ignored.

Abhishek soni <abhishek.soni at rancoretech.com> writes:

> /usr/include/xsd/cxx/tree/elements.hxx:27:35: error: xercesc/dom/DOMNode.hpp: No such file or directory

The generated code uses Xerces-C++ library as the underlying XML parser.
You will need to install it before you can compile the generated code.
Seeing that you are using RedHat Linux, I suggest that you search your
RPM repository for the Xerces-C++ package. Alternatively, you can
download a precompiled binary from the Xerces-C++ website:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi

If you decide to use a precompiled binary instead of the package, make
sure you use the -I and -L compiler options to point to the directory
where you have installed Xerces-C++. I however, suggest that you go with
the .rpm package since it is much more straightforward.