[xsd-users] Warning 6005

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Feb 18 08:59:07 EST 2008

Hi Uri,

Uri Karagila <uri at hyperroll.com> writes:

> The aCC (HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.80) is the most updated version of the
> compiler for HP-UX 11.11.

Hm, I guess then it should be triggered by the compiler options.
Perhaps when optimization is turned on...

> Yes, the commenting out the cycle at line 299 removes the warning.

Great! I am going to get rid of this loop in the next release. For
the time being you can keep it commented out or you can disables
the warning with the +W6005 option.

> And I don't understand how this loop helps you in squashing warnings.

Some compilers issue a warning if a function argument is declared
but never used. Adding a no-op loop like this:

while (&arg == 0);

helps silence those compilers.