[xsd-users] Polymorphism w/ substitution groups, but without xsi:type

Lane Wimberley techlane64 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:54:54 EST 2008

I am attempting to implement a variable-content container as per the first
method described in

http://www.xfront.com/VariableContentContainers.pdf

My schema code is structurally identical to the implementation described on
pp 47-50.  I have my abstract base element defined in one file (with the
element definition "ref"-erenced in the sequence definition of the
containing type), and then I define a derived type and element in a separate
file wherein I first include the base definition file.

Everything builds just fine, but when I attempt to parse an instance file,
the parser doesn't recognize the derived type (analogous to CD on pg 50) --
it says the instance of the derived type is an "unknown element."

I just updated my xsd version to the latest -- 3.1.0-1 (Debian), and I'm
using C++/Tree.  (I saw something about polymorphism not being supported
completely in C++/Parser ... yet ... )

Thanks (again!) for any help you can provide.

-Lane Wimberley
Zebra Imaging
Austin, TX