[xsd-users] --custom-type mapping to fundamental types

Francis Rammeloo francis.rammeloo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 09:29:45 EST 2008

Hello,

I have an .xsd file that contains following entry:

<xsd:simpleType name="time">
  <xsd:restriction base="xsd:int" />
</xsd:simpleType>

The C++/Tree mapping tool would translate this normally to a class.
However, in order to reduse verbosity I used following command line
option:

--custom-type time=int

The generated code however does not compile. Visual Studio 2005
Express Edition gives following compile errors for these lines:

void user_status::
time (::std::auto_ptr< time_type > time)
{
  this->time_.set (time);
}

error C2664: 'xsd::cxx::tree::one<X>::set' : cannot convert parameter
1 from 'std::auto_ptr<_Ty>' to 'const user_status::time_type &'

Can someone help me out? I would appreciate your help a lot.

Best regards,

Francis