[xsd-users] Makefile rules.

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteus-technologies.com
Fri Dec 5 15:04:00 EST 2008

I don't think we could use that feature. When we compile schemas, we package the generated files, put them up in a repository, and other projects pull them down and unpackage them in a different directory. Each pull may use a different directory. The xsd compiler knows nothing about the destination directories, so it could not produce meaningful dependencies.

It's a good idea, however, and I think many other projects would be able to make use of this feature.

Ray Lischner,
Senior Member of Technical Staff
133 National Business Pkwy, Ste 150      t. 443.539.3448
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701                c. 410.854.5170
rlischner at proteus-technologies.com         f. 443.539.3370

This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which may be privileged and/or proprietary. The information is intended for use
solely by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please advise
the sender by reply email or by telephone (443.539.3400) and delete the message.