[xsd-users] xsd app portability ,...

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Dec 3 01:42:35 EST 2008

Hi Azadeh,

Azadeh Omrani <a.omrani at gmail.com> writes:

> Is that easy to start using xsd in windows application and test it on PC
> environment, then port it to mobile platform?

This depends on which mobile platform you are planning to target. If
it is Windows CE-based then it may not work though we had reports that
with Windows CE 6 it is possible to use XSD with some minor modifications
(e.g., remove the use of C++ locales).

> or we need to re generate the application using xsd/e?

With XSD/e you can definitely do the development on Windows and then use
the same code to target one of the mobile/embedded platforms (including
various versions of Windows CE). Note, however, that you cannot simply
"re generate the application" from XSD to XSD/e since XSD/e is quite a
bit different compared to XSD. You will need to be developing with XSD/e
from the start.