[xsd-users] regular expressions in 3.0 vs 3.1.

Balasubramanyam, Shivakumar sbalasub at qualcomm.com
Thu Apr 10 17:14:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have seen two changes when upgrading to XSD v3.1

1.	Regular expressions,

--include-regex "Z\\..*/common/Zdistribution/Z"

This used to replace #include "../../common/File.h" to #include
"distribution/File.h"

This does not work with XSD v 3.1

Other examples are,

We need "../../types/core.h" replaced by "types/core.h"

         "../../types/http.h" replaced by "types/http.h"

What should the regular expression for -include-regex be used?

2.	File guards

XSD now supports -guard-prefix, which is useful.

But I have noticed that if this option is not provided, it use the $pwd
+ something for the file guard.

I am not sure why this was done when -guard-prefix option provides the
user the flexibility. I would like the default behavior for 3.0 release.

Thanks,

Shiva