[xsd-users] Schema Validation

Balasubramanyam, Shivakumar sbalasub at qualcomm.com
Fri Oct 26 14:13:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

Is there a document or guidelines for supporting schema validation using
Code Synthesis. Here are some of the options that I see.

1.	Use xerces for validation and then code synthesis for XML
de-serialization only

2.	Use Code Synthesis with schema validation that would require
schema files.

3.	Use Code Synthesis with schema validation that would not require
schemas but instead use the generated code to validate the document

I am hoping to not have to do step 1 but rely on Code Synthesis to
perform schema validation.

If we are asked to use step 2, then what is the recommended way of
provide the schema location and the url for the schema?

Another question is, if there is any difference between 1 and 2.

Your help is much appreciated in advance.

Thanks,

Shiva