[xsd-users] Executable not being built

mhoffm1060 at aol.com mhoffm1060 at aol.com
Tue Oct 9 15:45:57 EDT 2007

Hey Boris,

>Hi Mark,

>mhoffm1060 at aol.com <mhoffm1060 at aol.com> writes:

>> There are no errors during the build.? However there is no xsd
>> executable.

>Can you try to cd to xsd (so that you are in xsd-3.0.0/xsd/) and
>run make there? If that does not print anything, can you try to
>add verbose=1 to the make command line?

I got no rule to make ...boost_1_34_1/stage/lib/libboost_regex-gcc-1_34_1.so

( There is a ...regex_gcc41-... in this directory ).

I created a link from _regex-gcc to _regex-gcc41 and this worked.

I had to do this for the boost_filesystem? library for one of the required libraries.
I discovered this because the build?did display the no rule to make error during that?build.?

>> ( I have built 2.3.1 successfully )

>There hasn't been any substantial changes in the build system
>between 2.3.1 and 3.0.0 so I am surprised you can build 2.3.1
>but not 3.0.0.

I should have mentioned that I upgraded all the required libraries also.  Sorry about that.

>Boris

Thanks,
Mark