[xsd-users] Attribute 'final' cannot appear in local complexType declarations

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 3 14:23:23 EDT 2007

Hi Henry,

Please don't post the same question several times.

Ngu, Henry C <henry_c.ngu at lamrc.com> writes:

> E132CommonComponents-V0305-Schema.xsd:13:34: error: Attribute 'final'
> cannot appear in local complexType declarations.

Well, it is what the error says: attribute 'final' can only appear in
a global complexType declaration (one with the name="" attribute) and
therefore your schema is invalid. Remove the attribute and everything
will work fine. I used the following command line to compile your
schemas:

xsd cxx-parser --namespace-map urn:semi-org:xsd.E132-1.V0305.auth=auth \
--namespace-map urn:semi-org:xsd.CommonComponents.V0305.ccs=ccs *.xsd