[xsd-users] Importing element

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 1 02:33:47 EDT 2007

Hi Nicholas,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the xsd-users mailing
list. This way a) other developers who may have experienced a similar
problem can provide you with a solution b) questions and answers will
be archived and available to others with similar problems.

Nicholas Yue <yue.nicholas at gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for the lightning fast reply.
>
> Are there plans to include the ability to retrieve schemas from network
> locations?

No, not at the moment. It is not that difficult technically. The
problematic part is how to map URI to C++ #include directives.
For local paths it is fairly straightforward. Also, I don't think
anybody will keeps retrieving schemas from the remote location
in the long run because every code regeneration will require
network access and therefore take a lot longer compared to local
files. GML, for example, contains 38 files. That means you will
need at least 38 HTTP downloads (in reality quite a few more) for
every source code regeneration.