[xsd-users] runtime schema file location

Erskine, Allan allan.erskine at credit-suisse.com
Wed May 23 11:31:56 EDT 2007

Greetings all --  I am experimenting with using XSD cxx-tree to generate classes for my apps config files (so far so good.!)

An issue I have is keeping my AppConfig.xsd schema files (which I copy into my config directory) consistent with the actual schema files used to generate the headers.

Is there any way I can avoid the need to keep the schema files in the same directory as the config files?  Ideally I'd be able to have a config file reside in one directory, with eg:

<appConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance> " xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="AppConfig.xsd">

and my AppConfig.xsd file reside in the same directory as the binary.  Thanks for any advice!

Best wishes,
Allan