[xsd-users] RE: serializing ##other

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 9 14:18:09 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

mhoffm1060 at aol.com <mhoffm1060 at aol.com> writes:

> I was wondering if this feature was still being perused. ( I would
> like to be able to get the DOMElement(s) for the xml that falls into
> the ##other category ).
>
> If this is still in development is there any idea of when it will
> make it into a release?

Yes, this feature is in the development and should appear in the
next beta and then in the 3.0.0 release. I will also be sending a
more detailed writeup of the idea in the coming weeks for the
community to comment.

For the meantime, as a workaround, you can use the type customization
technique described in the email you quoted.