[xsd-users] Compiler warnings in VS 2005

Mark Kinzie mark.kinzie at jhuapl.edu
Wed Mar 28 09:30:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm working with the latest XSD using cxx-tree in Visual Studio 2005.
I've set up to use xsd according to the README.  I manually run xsd, and
then copy the resulting .cxx and .hxx files to a directory in my
project, and everything works, except that I get the following compiler
warnings.  Is there any way to get rid of them?

xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.hxx(102) : warning C4224: nonstandard extension
used : formal parameter 'errors' was previously defined as a type
        xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.hxx(119) : see reference to class
template instantiation 'xsd::cxx::tree::parsing<C>' being compiled
xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.hxx(421) : warning C4224: nonstandard extension
used : formal parameter 'errors' was previously defined as a type
        xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.hxx(438) : see reference to class
template instantiation 'xsd::cxx::tree::serialization<C>' being compiled
xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.hxx(102) : warning C4224: nonstandard extension
used : formal parameter 'errors' was previously defined as a type
        xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.ixx(54) : see reference to class
template instantiation 'xsd::cxx::tree::parsing<C>' being compiled
        with
        [
            C=char
        ]
xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.hxx(421) : warning C4224: nonstandard extension
used : formal parameter 'errors' was previously defined as a type
        xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.ixx(186) : see reference to class
template instantiation 'xsd::cxx::tree::serialization<C>' being compiled
        with
        [
            C=char
        ]
xsd/cxx/tree/types.hxx(1204) : warning C4224: nonstandard extension used
: formal parameter 'name' was previously defined as a type
        xsd/cxx/tree/types.hxx(1261) : see reference to class template
instantiation 'xsd::cxx::tree::qname<C,B,uri,ncname>' being compiled

Thanks,
Mark