[xsd-users] generic framework vs. XML functions

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteus-technologies.com
Tue Mar 20 16:10:19 EDT 2007

We are writing a framework that processes objects of many different Code Synthesis-generated types. We'd like to be able to write a single function that can serialize any such object to XML. One of the hurdles is that the name and namespace of the root element are encoded as strings hardcoded into functions. I see no way to write normal C++ code to extract that information. The framework, therefore, requires the caller to supply the root element name and namespace as arguments, which is error-prone and redundant.

Is there any other way to deal with this problem?
--
Ray Lischner, Proteus Technologies