[xsd-users] grammar pool caching

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 20 09:45:28 EDT 2007

Hi Paolo,

In the future please keep the xsd-users mailing list CC'ed to
your replies. This way others will be able to benefit from this
information.

Paolo Volpi <paolo.volpi at tvblob.com> writes:

> Is it not usefull/possible to offer this capability directly from
> your library for example with a flags?

This particular feature is probably not possible because the parsing
functions create a new DOM parser every time they are called so there
won't be any caching. Generally, we only duplicate most essential
Xerces-C++ flags and properties (like dont_validate, etc.). The
idea is that if you need to do something special then you will
need to create the DOMDocument yourself. The good thing about this
approach is that it is very flexible and allows us to concentrate
on the core features instead of duplicating Xerces-C++ interfaces.