[xsd-users] URI syntax for xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation

Hari Kalva hari at cse.fau.edu
Thu Mar 15 14:30:23 EDT 2007

Hi, I have a question on URI syntax in xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation.

The parser fails if the file url contains double '/' as in file://
The error message I get is: "Instance document parsing failed"
The following gives the parsing error:

<RMI xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file://C:/Soil/VidSchema/TestSchema.xsd">
                                   ^^^

The parser works only when the file url has a single '/'. The following
works:

<RMI xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:/C:/Soil/VidSchema/TestSchema.xsd">
                                   ^^

Thanks.
-hari