[xsd-users] XML encoding

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Mar 2 08:47:20 EST 2007

Hi Yianis,

Yianis Nikolaou <yianisn at gmail.com> writes:

> I guess the standard Xerces library that I downloaded along with XSD does
> not suport iso-8859-7 since I get an empty file when I call
>
> project (ofs, p, map, "ISO8859-7");

Not an exception?

> When I run xsd with the default char size I get an exception
> invalid_utf8_string from string.ixx when I use Greek characters in string
> fields.

Right, since char is expected to contain UTF-8.

> Questions:
> Q1: If Xerces recognized the iso8859-7 and I used wchars, then would I get
> the correct output in iso8859-7 and not Unicode?

Yes you should be able to.

> Q2: If I compile XSD with XSD_USE_LCP defined, would I be able to enter
> Greek characters in standard char mode without getting the exception
> invalid_utf8_string?

Yes, if you compiled the generated code with XSD_USE_LCP and your
system code page is iso8859-7 (or equivalent Windows name) then you
should be able to pass Greek characters in char. You may also be
able to save it as iso8859-7 (or Windows name) using  Xerces-C++
you have (which uses Win32 API for character encoding).