[xsd-users] examples

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jun 29 06:50:11 EDT 2007

Hi Ryan,

Prather, Ryan C SSgt DMSG/WMTS <Ryan.Prather at afspc.af.mil> writes:

> The library example that is included with the current XSD build is
> closer to the implementation that I am trying to build. The problem is
> that when the library example was created it has the
> "library-parser.hxx" and "library-parser-templates.hxx" files.  I tried
> to find any options to the XSD program to build those additional files.

The library-parser-templates.hxx and library-parser-templates.txx files
are generated by XSD. Normally when you compile a schema in the form
library.xsd, the generated parser template files are in the form
library.hxx and library.txx. This example changes their names to
library-parser-templates.hxx and library-parser-templates.txx
using the "--hxx-suffix -parser-template.hxx" and
"-txx-suffix -parser-template.txx" options. The library-parser.hxx file
is hand-written and contains parser implementations. BTW, the README
file in the example directory describes the origin and purpose of
each file.

> The only thing that I thought might work was "--generate-validation",
> but it didn't work.  The probably is that I have several levels of
> hierarchy and I need to make sure that these get populated correctly.
> If anybody has any ideas it would be appreciated.

If you are considering using the C++/Parser mapping, I strongly recommend
that you upgrade to the latest beta for 3.0.0 (the release should be out
in a couple of weeks). In this release, the C++/Parser mapping was
significantly redesigned so the architecture in 2.x.y series is
essentially a dead end. The new version has a much better documentation
(can be found in documentation/cxx/parser/guide/ directory of XSD
distribution). It also has a new feature that allows you to auto-generate
a sample parser implementation and a test driver for your vocabulary.