[xsd-users] Re: Compilation options -Aa and -AA

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jun 28 06:23:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

Kroizman Guy <kroiz at hyperroll.com> writes:

> When we add a compilation flag that conflicted we simply moved the
> generated code from the xsd to another library.
> wont that help Samiksha Rajput too?

Unfortunately this won't work for Samiksha's case. The two options
(-Aa and -AA) trigger linking to different versions of the C++
library which are incompatible. These libraries cannot coexist in
the same process so this rules out factoring out to a static or
dynamic library. According to HP, the only way to make two sets
of code one compiled with -Aa and the other with -AA work together
is to put them in separate processes.