[xsd-users] Re: Compilation options -Aa and -AA

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jun 27 03:18:30 EDT 2007

Hi Samiksha,

Samiksha Rajput <samiksha.rajput at tcs.com> writes:

> As per your below attached solution you suggested that to (re)compile my
> application with -AA.
> But as my application is huge and is distributed at various places
> changing my application will have very huge impact.

I am not entirely sure, but from the aCC man pages it sounds like all you
may need is to recompile your code with -AA instead of -Aa. At least you
could give it a try and see if any source code changes are necessary.

> So is there any older version of xsd tool  available with build option as
> -Aa  or which can support the -Aa build option?
> Or Is there any workaround going on for supporting  -Aa building option ?

No, I am afraid not. XSD was designed from the beginning to rely on
ANSI C++ (that is the reason why it works with such a wide range of
C++ compilers). If we change it to support -Aa it will automatically
break support for all other compilers.

The only other option that I can think of is to use XSD/e[1], our embedded
systems offering. I am sure it can work with -Aa in minimal configuration
(without STL, etc.). However, XSD/e only supports the stream-oriented
C++/Parser mapping. If you would like to explore this venue then I suggest
that you read through the Getting Started Guide[2] and see if it will be
appropriate for your application:

[1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsde/
[2] http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsde/documentation/cxx/parser/guide/