[xsd-users] Re: Compilation options -Aa and -AA

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jun 26 09:38:54 EDT 2007

Hi Samiksha,

Samiksha Rajput <samiksha.rajput at tcs.com> writes:

> I have one problem in compiling the xsd .
> My application needs the -Aa option for the build and xsd requires -AA
> option for build .
> So in such case can you please tell me how to handle both requirements of
> compilation options?

XSD requires -AA since this option switches the compiler into ANSI
C++ mode. Since -AA only turns additional features compared to -Aa,
I suggest that you (re)compile your application with -AA.

> I have tried to compile with both options separately and together but in
> each case it fails .
> When I give both -Aa and -AA options together its giving preference to -AA
> and ultimately at run time  it fails .

Right, HP manual states that executables and libraries compiled with
different -A? options are not compatible.

> Is it possible for you to provide your contact number?

Yes, our contact number is +27 76 1672134 (9:00 - 18:00 GMT+2).
Note however that we provide technical support over the phone only
for organizations with priority support contracts on commercial basis.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me off list.