[xsd-users] Document parsing failed

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteus-technologies.com
Fri Jul 13 09:07:53 EDT 2007

> try
> {
>   // parsing code goes here
> }
> catch (const xml_schema::exception& e)
> {
>   cerr << e << endl;
> }

I just want to say that this way of displaying information about exceptions is strange, and a stumbling block for teaching our programmers how to use Code Synthesis. It's a minor annoyance, and once a programmer learns how to catch Code Synthesis exceptions, the lesson usually sticks, but it's a lesson that I have to teach over and over and over because it's so unusual.

Why can't what() return the full information, as is the convention? If I want to wrap an xml_schema::exception in another exception to throw, I need to create a temporary string stream just to extract the exception message.
--
Ray Lischner, Proteus Technologies