[xsd-users] serializing ##other

Bradley Beddoes beddoes at intient.com
Thu Jan 11 06:13:02 EST 2007

Hi,

Boris firstly thanks for your suggestion re << operator for generic
serialization this seems to be working a treat.

Secondly is there a search function for the mail list history? I
couldn't seem to locate one and google wasn't much help.

Lastly its late here and I am about to call it a night but I thought
before I went I might pose a quick question so that if you manage to
have any ideas I can work with them tomorrow.

We have part of our schema defined as so:
<complexType final="#all" name="ExtensionsType">
         <sequence>
             <any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         </sequence>
     </complexType>

This ends up mapping to:
class ExtensionsType: public ::xml_schema::type

which is what you would expect and is accessible though:
public:
       struct Extensions
       {
         typedef ::saml2::metadata::ExtensionsType type;
         typedef ::xsd::cxx::tree::traits< type, wchar_t > traits;
         typedef ::xsd::cxx::tree::optional< type > container;
       };

For some reason when invoking the << operator the data that is in the
source document is not being serialized. I have only spent about 30
minutes on this thus far albiet somewhat distracted and will get into it
in anger tomorrow. Any thoughts though on what may be causing that?

regards,
Bradley

--
Bradley Beddoes