[xsd-users] anyAttribute without processContents: generated code fails to parse

Jeroen N. Witmond jnw at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 9 15:11:51 EST 2007

Greetings,

When in my schema I use <anyAttribute namespace="##other"/> without
processContents attribute, the code generated from it refuses to parse
the related xml file (error: Attribute
'{http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace}base' is not declared for
element 'item'), while DOMPrint -n -s -f -v=always does not complain.
Adding processContents="lax" solves this problem.  I don't know where
the default for processContents is or should be defined, but I'm
intrigued by the difference in behavior between xsd's generated code
and (Xerces-C++ 2.6) DOMPrint.

Kind regards,

Jeroen.